- State and Regional
Water Boards' Map
- Board Priorities
- Make a Payment
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
General Waste Discharge Requirements for Aquifer Storage and Recovery Projects that Inject Drinking Water into Groundwater
The State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board) adopted general waste discharge requirements for aquifer storage and recovery (ASR) projects that recharge groundwater with treated drinking water (General Order) on September 19, 2012. The purpose of the General Order is to streamline the permitting process and to ensure consistent requirements for these projects. ASR projects use injection wells to recharge groundwater aquifers during times when water is available. This water is recovered later from the aquifers when it is needed.
- Aquifer Storage & Recovery Projects - Fact Sheet
- Aquifer Storage & Recovery Projects - State Board Resolution No. 2012-0046
- General Order for Aquifer Storage and Recovery Projects (WQ Order 2012-0010)
- Mitigated Negative Declaration and Initial Study
Questions or Comments?
- Please email Timothy O'Brien, Senior Engineering Geologist, Division of Water Quality or phone (916) 341-6904.