- State and Regional
Water Boards' Map
- Board Priorities
- Make a Payment
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
- Projects and Publications
- Data Reporting and Access
- Quick Links
Groundwater Issue: Funding
The State Water Resources Control Board's (State Water Board) Division of Financial Assistance (DFA) administers the implementation of the Water Boards' financial assistance programs for projects that ensure proper water resource allocation and efficiency for the benefit of present and future generations. DFA funding programs include remediation of underground storage tank (UST) releases, nonpoint source pollution (NPS) control projects, grants and loans for construction of municipal sewage and water recycling projects, grants and loans for drinking water treatment and source development, storm water management grants, and numerous other funding opportunities. DFA also administers Proposition 1 funding for groundwater sustainability projects, with draft guidelines anticipated in 2016.
A full list of the State Water Board's financial assistance programs and funding opportunities, is available on the DFA website. A select list of groundwater-related funding programs and resources are listed below:
- STORAGE AND SUSTAINABILITY – Proposition 1 provides funding for water projects, including surface and groundwater storage, drinking water protection, and groundwater sustainability. More information...
- DRINKING WATER – The Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) provides financial assistance to public water systems for drinking water infrastructure projects needed to achieve or maintain compliance with the federal Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA). More information...
- SITE CLEANUP – The Site Cleanup Subaccount Program (SCAP) provides financial assistance for projects that remediate the harm or threat to human health, safety, and the environment from surface or groundwater contamination. More information...
- WATER RECYCLING – The Water Recycling Funding Program (WRFP) promote water recycling projects and research by providing technical and financial assistance to local agencies and other stakeholders. More information...
- DRINKING WATER – Funding for public drinking water systems is available for infrastructure improvements, and to address certain issues related to groundwater contamination and to drought conditions. More information...
Keep up to date on the Water Boards’ groundwater activities: subscribe to one or more email lists and receive announcements and updates by email.
Have a program-specific question? Ask the program. Contact information is available on the program's website (accessible through the Programs tab).