STATE WATER RESOURCES CONTROL BOARD MEETING AGENDA
Thursday, July 17, 1997 -- 9:00 a.m.
First-Floor Hearing Room
Paul R. Bonderson Building
901 P Street, Sacramento
Questions regarding this agenda - call Maureen Marché (916) 657-0990 or fax 657-0932. This notice and associated staff reports can be accessed electronically through our Internet address: http://www.swrcb.ca.gov. (Note: agenda items should be available electronically by Thursday, July 10, 1997.)
Declaration of Quorum
Public Forum. (Any member of the public may address and ask questions of the Board relating to any matter within the Board's jurisdiction, provided the matter is not on the Board's agenda, or pending before the Board or a Regional Board.)
The Board will consider the minutes of the June 4 and June 19, 1997, Board Meetings.
1- 13. The Board will be asked to approve Items 1-13 at one time. (See below for description of items.)
14. Consideration Of Approval Of A Resolution To Provide A State Revolving Fund (SRF) Loan To The City Of Riverside Public Works Department For The Water Quality Protection Facilities At The Tequesquite Landfill (Loan No. C-06-6042-110). (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
UNCONTESTED items are expected to be routine and non-controversial. They will be acted upon by the Board, at one time, without discussion. If any Board Member, staff, or interested person requests that an item be removed from the Uncontested Items Calendar, it will be taken up in the regular agenda order.
CLEAN WATER PROGRAMS
1. Consideration of a Resolution Amending the Circle K Corporation Settlement Fund Priority List (Amendment No. 3) to Add 59 Claims and Authorizing the Division of Clean Water Programs to Process and Pay Claims in Priority Order. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
2. Consideration of Approval of a State Revolving Fund (SRF) Loan for Jurupa Community Services District, Wastewater Equalization Basins for Regional Force Main, SRF Loan Project No. C-06-4512-110. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution approving a zero percent interest loan of $1.9 million for the project.)
3. Consideration of Recommitting $2.5 million of State Revolving Fund (SRF) Loans to the East Bay Municipal Utilities District for the Upgrade of Pump Station "B", SRF Project No. C-06-4003-490. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution recommitting $2.5 million for the upgrade of Pump Station "B".)
4. Consideration of Approval of a $3.5 million State Revolving Fund (SRF) Loan for Hangtown Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant Phase IIB, City of Placerville, SRF Project No. C-06-4505-110. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution approving the loan.)
5. Consideration of Approval of Additional State Revolving Fund (SRF) Loan Funds for the City of Bakersfield Treatment Plant No. 2 Upgrade and Expansion Project, State Revolving Fund Loan No. C-06-4321-110. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution approving the additional $10 million in SRF loan funds for the project.)
6. Consideration of Authorization for Executive Director to Accept an Additional $114,058 Grant Funds From the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for General Planning and Coordination of California/Mexico Border Activities and Preparation of Report Titled - Binational Study Regarding the Presence of Toxic Substances in the New and Lower Colorado Rivers and Authorize the Executive Director or his Designee to Accept any Fund Augmentations or Future Amendments Relating to the Grant. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution accepting the funds.)
7. Consideration of Approval to Authorize the Executive Director or his Designee to Execute an Interagency Agreement and Amendments with the State Controller's Office to Provide Auditing and Investigation Services for the Underground Storage Tank Cleanup Fund . (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
8. Consideration of Proposed Resolution Amending the Underground Storage Tank (UST) Cleanup Fund Priority List Amendment No. 43. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution amending the priority list.)
9. Consideration of a Resolution Adopting the Petroleum Underground Storage Tank Emergency, Abandoned, Recalcitrant (EAR) Account Annual Sites List and Authorizing the Executive Director to Execute Contracts with designated local implementing agencies (LIAs). (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution approving the annual sites list and authorizing execution of contracts with designated LIAs for underground storage tank cleanup at listed sites.)
10. Consideration Of Approval Of A Resolution Authorizing A State Revolving Fund (SRF) Loan To The County Of Riverside Flood Control And Water Conservation District For The Drainage Water Quality Management Plan For The Lake Mathews Watershed (Loan Number C-06-6011-110). (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
11. Consideration of Approval of An Amendment to the Water Quality Control Plan for the Santa Ana River Basin Revising Bacterial Water Quality Objectives for Ocean Waters. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed amendment.)
12. Consideration of Ratification of a Grant Application to U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for Implementation of Santa Monica Bay Restoration Project's Fiscal Year 1997-98 Workplan. (The Board will consider whether to approve ratification of a grant application.)
13. Consideration of Authorization for the Executive Director to Apply for and Accept Federal Funds for Continued Funding of the Morro Bay National Estuary Program. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
Consideration of Petitions for Writ of Mandate Against the State Water Resources Control Board in: (A) Monterey Peninsula Water Management District, et al. V. State Water Resources Control Board, Case No. 32519 and Case No. 32530 and (B) Sierra Club, et al. V.State Water Resources Control Board, Case No. 105610, Monterey County Superior Court. (This is authorized under Government Code Section 11126(e)(1).)
Consideration of Whether the State Water Resources Control Board Should Initiate Litigation or an Adjudicatory Proceeding Against the California American Water Company for the Unauthorized Diversion and Use of Water From the Carmel River. (This is authoirzed under Government Code Section 11126(e)(5)(A).)
*In order to be fully considered at the Board meeting, all written comments
must be received by 5:00 p.m.,Monday, July 14, 1997. Mailing address: PO
Box 100, Sacramento, CA 95812-0100; FAX 916-657-0932
Please note: Some of our older material may no longer be available in electronic form. If you need assistance obtaining a file, please contact the Clerk to the Board, email firstname.lastname@example.org.