Domestic Water Wells and State Smalls Programs

This information is for disadvantaged individuals or households served by a domestic well or a state small water system seeking assistance with a water quality issue. Use the table below to find the organization who serves your area and contact them directly.

Organization Counties Served Services Provided How to Apply
Community Water Center Kern, Monterey, San Benito, San Luis Obispo, San Mateo, Santa Barbara, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Ventura Well testing, bottled water Apply online:
Community Water Center Sign Up

Additional contact info:
Brandon Bollinger
Watsonville Office: (831) 500-2162
Sacramento Office: (916) 706-3346
Visalia Office: (559) 733-0219

Rural Community Assistance Corporation (RCAC) Statewide Well repair/ replacement Contact:
Deborah Almazan
(725) 221-0474
Website: Rural Community Assistance Corporation
Santa Cruz County Santa Cruz Bottled water, hauled water, storage tanks, well repair/ replacement, well testing, point of use (POU)/point of entry (POE) treatment devices, water sampling Coming soon
Shasta County Shasta Bottled water, hauled water, storage tanks, well repair/ replacement, well testing, water sampling, small scale connections Email:
Self-Help Enterprises Fresno, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, Stanislaus, Tulare Bottled water, tanks and hauled water, well repair/ replacement/ connection, well testing, POU/POE treatment devices Call or email the relevant contact below:
Bottled water
(559) 802-1284

Water quality testing
(559) 802-1285

Well repair/replacement/connection
(559) 802-1289

Website: Self-Help Enterprises - Self-Help Enterprises (

Tulare County Tulare Bottled water Contact:
Sandra Sabin
(559) 624-7071
Valley Water Collaborative Modesto and Turlock Management Zones (MZs)

To check if you fall within these MZs, please visit:
Find Your Management Zone - CV SALTS ( 

Bottled water, well testing, POU/POE treatment devices Apply online:
Valley Water Collaborative