Variances and Interim Salt Program
Amendments to the Water Quality Control Plans for the Sacramento River and San Joaquin River Basins and for the Tulare Lake Basin to include authority for the Central Valley Water Board to issue a variance from meeting water quality standards to NPDES dischargers in accordance with Tile 40, Code of Federal Regulations, section 131.13. Amendments also include a program offering relief from salinity requirements while CV-SALTS is under development. The administrative record includes the substitute environmental documentation.
Status: Adopted by the Central Valley Water Board on 6 June 2014 in Resolution R5-2014-0074 and approved by the State Water Board on 17 March 2015 under Resolution R5-2015-0010, the Office of Administrative Law on 19 June 2015, and by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on 8 July 2016.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Action: 8 July 2016
- Office of Administrative Law Action: 19 June 2015
- OAL File No. 2015-0507-02S
- Executive Officer Corrections
- 18 June 2015
- 13 February 2015
- State Water Board Action: Approved by the State Water Board on 17 March 2015 under Resolution 2015-0010
- On 6 June 2014, the Regional Water Board held a public hearing during its regular Board meeting and adopted amendments to the Basin Plans.
- Resolution R5-2014-0074, including Basin Plan amendments as Attachment 1
- Final Staff Report
- Program Contact