Confined Animal Facilities
The Central Valley regulates several types of confined animal facilities, including dairies, feedlots, poultry facilities, and horse facilities. Historically, the Confined Animal Facility Program primarily focused on dairies. However, the Central Valley Water Board recently adopted General Waste Discharge Requirements for poultry facilities and bovine feedlots (cattle and heifer ranches).
- New tools available to help Bovine Operations complete their annual reports due 1 July 2020
- Emergency Disposal of Milk (COVID-19 related)
- Low Threat Poultry Operations – Guidelines for Preparing an Operation and Maintenance Plan
- Bovine Feedlot Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Limited Population and Limited Time Bovine Operations - Guidelines for Preparing an Operation and Maintenance Plan