COVID-19 - Water Boards' response to COVID-19: Meeting information and remote participation; Compliance with requirements; Guidance for regulators and public; Service of process; Delivery/interruption of water; and more…
- The Los Angeles Water Board proposes $1.9 million in penalties against Garvey Garden Plaza LLC, Yang Ming Construction Inc., and Jimmy Duong for alleged violations of the statewide construction stormwater permit.
- Los Angeles Water Board approves MOU that holds Boeing accountable for cleanup
- The Los Angeles Water Board proposes historic $17 million in penalties related to the Dominguez Channel hydrogen sulfide odor incident. Read the press release. En Español
- California holds Boeing accountable for cleanup at toxic Santa Susana Field Laboratory
In a major development to strengthen the cleanup of contamination at the Santa Susana Field Laboratory in southeastern Ventura County, the California Environmental Protection Agency announced a comprehensive framework that establishes strict cleanup protocols and timelines for The Boeing Company. Together, the agreements ensure that: (1) Boeing will clean up chemical contamination in its areas of responsibility to a health protective cleanup standard that could be as stringent as a “Resident with Garden” standard that has long been advocated for by members of the surrounding community; (2) Boeing will clean up radionuclides in soil in its areas of responsibility to levels that would exist locally without industrial activity; and (3) Following the cleanup, stormwater runoff from the Boeing areas will not be polluted. Boeing’s total cleanup costs are expected to be in the hundreds of millions of dollars, including cleanup costs that have already been expended. Read the press release.
- More Information about matters related to the Santa Susana Field Laboratory (SSFL) Site
- The Los Angeles Water Board was notified of a sewage spill in the City of Carson on the afternoon of December 30, 2021. Protection of public health and the environment is the Board’s top priority and the Board is monitoring the situation. The Board understands that the public may have questions and concerns regarding the spill.
- For updates on the spill and cleanup activities, please see the following webpage: City of Carson Sewage Spill - 12/30/2021 | Los Angeles County Sanitation Districts (lacsd.org)
- For information on beach closures, please see the following webpage: http://www.publichealth.lacounty.gov/beach/
- Los Angeles Water Board reaches settlements with four companies for waste discharge violations (12/22/2021)
- The Los Angeles Water Board issues a cease and desist, investigative orders directing the owner of a warehouse in Gardena to stop discharging contaminants from a fire
- State Water Board celebrates City of Maywood groundwater filtration system
- Redondo Beach Coastal Power Plant Granted Extension
- Statement on State Water Boards' Role in Oil Spill Response
In response to the massive oil spill that occurred October 1-3 in federal waters off the Orange County coast, a unified command involving multiple agencies has been established to oversee cleanup efforts. The cooperating entities include the U.S. Coast Guard, California Department of Fish and Wildlife's Office of Spill Prevention and Response and Beta Offshore. A public website with information about the cleanup efforts is available at: www.socalspillresponse.com. The Santa Ana, Los Angeles and San Diego Regional Water Quality Control Boards are closely monitoring the situation, providing information to the unified command as needed, and will address water quality issues that fall within their regulatory purview at the appropriate time.
- The State Water Board approved measures that will restore instream flows to Mono Lake tributaries
- LA Water Board Adopted a new MS4 permit that sets limits on pollution that is discharged from storm drains
- Settlement reached but monitoring continues of crude oil release in Ventura County watershed $330,218 in fines will be deposited in the Waste Discharge Permit Fund
- The Carousel Tract aka KAST Project (Former Kast Property Tank Farm) Information
- More Announcements...