Thinking of a career protecting California's water resources from pollution? Be part of the solution. Consider a career with the San Francisco Bay Regional Water Quality Control Board (Regional Water Board).
We are seeking talented, motivated, skilled people with sound judgment and creative problem-solving skills who are committed to a high standard of public service.
The Regional Water Board’s mission is to preserve, enhance, and restore the quality of California’s water resources and drinking water for the protection of the environment, public health, and all beneficial uses, and to ensure proper water resource allocation and efficient use, for the benefit of present and future generations. The Regional Water Board fulfills that mission by implementing laws, policies and programs that plan, monitor, fund, and require actions to protect water quality and habitat. The Regional Water Board’s current high priorities are wetland and riparian area protection, climate action, advancing racial equity and addressing environmental justice. Learn about the Regional Water Board Priorities here.
The Regional Water Board values diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the organization. We foster an environment where employees from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. We believe the diversity of our employees is essential to inspiring innovative solutions.
- Technical classifications include Engineering Geologists, Environmental Scientists, and Water Resource Control Engineers.
- Administrative classifications include Associate Governmental Program Analysts, Staff Services Analysts, and Office Technicians.
- Student and intern classifications include Scientific Aids, Seasonal Clerks, and Student Interns.
If you are interested in a career with our agency or have questions about current job openings, you may contact Kimberly Yee at (510) 622-2495 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For temporary positions, the hiring process does not include an examination step or a probationary period. Candidates interested in a temporary position can apply to the posted job openings.
- Civil Service Examinations – for permanent positions
- State Water Resources Control Board Student Program
Additional information on state employment, employee benefits, classification specifications, and pay scales may be accessed at the CalHR website.
We are an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.