Central Valley TMDL Projects
Clear Lake Mercury TMDL
The Clear Lake Mercury Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) was adopted by the Regional Board on 6 December 2002. It was approved by the State Water Resources Control Board on 21 May 2003 and reviewed by the California Office of Administrative Law. Final approval by the U.S. EPA was received on 26 September 2003. The TMDL was adopted as a Basin Plan Amendment and included the addition of a beneficial use designation of Commercial and/or Sport Fishing (COMM), site-specific water quality objectives for methylmercury in fish tissue, an implementation plan for controlling mercury loads, and a surveillance and monitoring program.
Documents on this page are available upon request. To request a copy please contact Lauren Smitherman at Lauren.Smitherman@waterboards.ca.gov or (916) 464-4668.
- 8 November 2010
- Clear Lake Mercury Total Maximum Daily Load Update
- 26 September 2003 - U.S. EPA approved the Basin Plan Amendment to control mercury in Clear Lake, Lake County
- 21 May 2003 - Basin Plan Amendment for Control of Mercury in Clear Lake Approved by State Water Resources Control Board (Res. No. 2003-0040)
- 6 December 2002 - Basin Plan Amendment for Control of Mercury in Clear Lake Adopted by Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board (Res. No. R5-2002-0207)
- December 2002 - Amendments to the Water Quality Control Plan (Basin Plan) for the Sacramento River and San Joaquin River Basins for the Control of Mercury in Clear Lake (Lake County), Staff Report and Functionally Equivalent Document, Final Report
- February 2002 - Clear Lake TMDL for Mercury, Staff Report, Final Report
- June 2001 - Clear Lake TMDL for Mercury, Numeric Target Report
- Program Contact
- Web page problems: email@example.com
- Report an Environmental Concern
(Page last updated 6/24/22)
Water is a precious resource in California, and maintaining its quality is of utmost importance to safeguard the health of the public and the environment.
Statewide CampaignsEPA Water Sense
Report an Environmental Concern
Save Our Water
Register to Vote
Quick LinksEx Parte Communications
Make a Payment
Help / Business Help
Do I Need a Permit?
What We Do
Data & Databases
Language Access Complaint
Publications & Forms
Queja de Acceso al Idioma