San Diego Region - What Forms Do I Need?

Waste Discharge Requirements

Discharge of waste to land and groundwater from any source, and discharge of waste from agricultural operations to surface water. - Form 200

National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System

For discharges to surface waters, you will need Form 200, Form 1 and one or more of the following federal NPDES permit application forms:

  • General information completed in conjunction with Forms 2B, 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F, Short Form A and Standard Form A. - Form 1
  • Concentrated animal feeding operations and aquatic animal production facilities. New applications or renewals. - Form 2B
  • Existing manufacturing, commercial, mining, and silvicultural operations (including federal facilities). - Form 2C
  • New manufacturing, mining, commercial and silvicultural operations. - Form 2D
  • New applications or renewals of nonmanufacturing facilities, trailer parks, service stations, drycleaners, commercial facilities, etc. - Form 2E
  • Storm water discharges associated with industrial activity. - Form 2F
  • Publicly-Owned Treatment Works serving 10,000 persons or less. - Short Form A
  • Publicly-Owned Treatment Works serving over 10,000 persons or treating significant industrial waste. - Standard Form A
  • Publicly-Owned Treatment Works. - Form 2A