San Diego Region - Community Outreach
The San Diego Water Board is committed to informing, improving, and reshaping our relationships with the communities we serve. Our community outreach goals include making the San Diego Water Board more readily accessible to the public, significantly increasing the public's opportunities to provide input, and developing relationships that are mutually informative and beneficial.
The San Diego Water Board's Practical Vision and Community Outreach Strategy guide our community outreach goals. We are committed to improve our communication with the public using our website, social media, and public forums, working to ensure the information we share with the public is easily accessible. This webpage serves as the San Diego Water Board's hub for community outreach information and a bulletin board for upcoming community events.
Proposed Plan for Remedial Action, Installation Restoration (IR) Site 7, Naval Base Point Loma
This Department of the Navy has prepared a Proposed Plan that presents a remedial action to address buried debris and associated contamination at IR Site 7, located on the west ridge of the Point Loma Peninsula. The Navy’s Proposed Plan will be presented at a Public Meeting, held at 6:00 PM on August 16, 2023, at the following location:
- Southwestern Yacht Club
2702 Qualtrough Street
San Diego, CA 92136
Please click on the following web links for more information on IR Site 7 and the Navy’s Proposed Plan:
USFWS Public Meeting on Contaminated Sediment Cleanup in San Diego Bay National Wildlife Refuge
- Dec 5, 2017 -- USFWS Public Meeting on Contaminated Sediment Cleanup in San Diego Bay National Wildlife Refuge
Environmental Justice Symposium Follow-up
At the San Diego Water Board's Meeting on October 11, 2017, the Board will consider Agenda Item 12: Tentative Resolution: Follow-up on Environmental Justice Symposium and Identification of Projects for Inclusion in the Operational Plans for 2018 and 2019 (Tentative Resolution No. R9-2017-0125). (Deborah Jayne)
- Executive Officer Summary Report
- Supporting Document 1 - Tentative Resolution No. R9-2017-0125 Updated
- Supporting Document 2 - Attachment A: Draft 2017 Environmental Justice Action Plan Updated
- Supporting Document 3 - Minutes of June 10, 2017 Environmental Justice Symposium
- Presentation Given to the Board at the Meeting
- Environmental Justice Related Correspondence:
Environmental Justice Symposium
Join us Saturday June 10, 2017 for an Environmental Justice Symposium at the Cesar Chavez Campus in Barrio Logan. The San Diego Water Board works hard to protect you, our local Creeks (e.g., Chollas & Paradise), San Diego Bay, and the Ocean, and we would like to hear from YOU! This is a special opportunity for the community to voice its water quality concerns directly to the Water Board Members! We would also like to hear your ideas for possible solutions to water quality issues in your area.
- Environmental Justice Symposium Flyer (English)
- Environmental Justice Symposium Flyer (Spanish)
- Notice of Environmental Justice Symposium
- Agenda for Environmental Justice Symposium (English and Spanish)
- Map, Driving Directions, and Parking Instructions
- Community Outreach Brochure (English and Spanish)
- Press Release
- DRAFT Minutes of June 10, 2017 Environmental Justice Symposium
- Attendance Sheet for June 10, 2017 Environmental Justice Symposium
Saturday, June 10, 2017 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Doors open at 9:00)
César E. Chávez Campus - Barrio Logan
1901 Main Street, San Diego 92113
For more information contact:
Para más información, puede contactar a:
Earth Day 2017
Do you like to swim, fish, hike and view wildlife? Come learn what you can do to protect these fun activities!
Join us Sunday April 23, 2017 at the Earth Day Fair in Balboa Park (Booth 254, in front of The Prado Restaurant). The fact sheets below provide information to help you learn more about water quality in the San Diego Region.
- Marine Debris
- Presence of Caffeine in San Diego Region Streams
- Assessing Contaminants in Fish & Shellfish in San Diego Bay
- Harmful Algal Blooms
- Ocean Acidification
- Lower Pollutant Concentrations Found in San Diego River Fish
- Assessing Bacteria Levels In San Diego Bay
- Assessing Ecological Health of the San Diego River Watershed
- Assessing Ecological Health of the San Mateo Watershed
Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!