Ocean Standards - CWA §316(b) Regulation
THERMAL DISCHARGES - COOLING WATER INTAKE STRUCTURES
PERMITTING OF AFFECTED POWER PLANTS
SOUTH BAY POWER PLANT
The Policy is implemented through National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permits for coastal and estuarine power plants. The applicable Regional Water Boards are responsible for implementing the Policy requirements in NPDES permits for existing coastal and estuarine power plants. The water boards determine requirements to implement best technology available for cooling water intake structures to be included in the permits. State Water Board staff provides technical support to the Regional Water Boards to ensure a high level of statewide consistency in implementing the Policy.
- Draft NPDES Permit for South Bay Power Plant
- Notice of Cancellation of Public Hearing - November 2, 2010
- Notice of Public Hearing
- Draft Agenda Item
- Draft Permit Order
- Order No. R9-2004-0154 - San Deigo Regional Water Quality Control Board
Questions or Comments
- Permitting Issues - email Renan Jauregui or phone (916) 341-5505
- Policy Issues - email Mariela Carpio-Obeso or phone (916) 341-5858
Receive updates and meeting notifications by email. Subscribe on line to the Ocean Issues – Once-Through Cooling listserv.