- State Water Board adopts emergency water use regulations to boost drought resilience: See press release and Conservation Emergency Regulations program page for more information (January 4, 2022)
- Dry weather prompts restrictions for some junior water right holders on the Scott River (June 19, 2020)
- Rulemaking on Urban Water Supplier Monthly Water Conservation Reports – (Public comment period: November 15 through Monday, December 30)
- DWR and State Water Board Release Primer on 2018 Water Conservation and Drought Planning Legislation (November 2018)
- Water Efficiency Legislation Will Soften Impacts of Future Droughts - Fact Sheet
- Conservation reports (updated monthly)
- Public stakeholder workgroup meetings are being conducted during 2018 and 2019 for informing the development of water loss performance standards (Senate Bill 555).
Subscribe directly to the Water Conservation Regulations Email List to receive notifications and the latest updates.
Check your email account for a confirmation email to complete your subscription.
Subscribe to our other email lists. See the "General Interest" section.
For additional information or questions, please contact one of the representatives listed below. Email is preferred. Please be specific regarding your request, whether it is an interview request, speaker request, or question. Thank you.
- Edward Ortiz, Office of Public Affairs, (916) 917-4039, Edward.Ortiz@Waterboards.ca.gov
- Office of Research, Planning and Performance
- James Nachbaur, Director, (916) 322-6509, James.Nachbaur@Waterboards.ca.gov
- Affordability and Low-Income Rate Assistance
- Mary Yang, (916) 322-6507, Mary.Yang@Waterboards.ca.gov
- Conservation and Efficiency
- Conservation Emergency Regulations
- Chris Hyun, (916) 322-9633, Christopher.Hyun@Waterboards.ca.gov
- Monthly Water Conservation Data
- Marielle Pinheiro, (916) 327-0436, Marielle.Pinheiro@Waterboards.ca.gov
- Water Loss Control and Distribution Leaks
- Beti Girma, (916) 319-9468, Beti.Girma@waterboards.ca.gov