The State Water Board's Land Disposal Program implements statewide regulations for sites and facilities where waste is discharged to land. Requirements for siting, operation, and closure of waste disposal sites are enforced through the issuance of waste discharge requirements (WDRs) and compliance and enforcement efforts to ensure adequate protection of water quality.
- NEW! Landfill Permitted Waste Map [Formerly the Waste Acceptance List]
- California Landfills Authorized to Accept Treated Wood Waste (TWW)
- General Waste Discharge Requirements for Disaster-Related Wastes (WQ 2020-0004-DWQ)
- Response to Comments for General Waste Discharge Requirements for Disaster-Related Wastes
- Notice of Public/Staff Workshop: Draft Environmental Impact Report and General Waste Discharge Requirements for Composting Operations
- Amendment of General Waste Discharge Requirements for Composting Operations
- Porter Cologne Water Quality Act
- Title 27 California Code of Regulations
- Federal Municipal Solid Waste Landfill Regulations (40 CFR 258)
- Subtitle D (Subpart 257 and 258, Title 40, Federal Code of Regulations)
- Chapter 15 Title 23, California Code of Regulations: Hazardous Waste
- 68-16: Statement of Policy for Maintaining High Quality of Waters in California
- 92-49: Policies/Procedures for Investigation and Cleanup and Abatement of Dischargers (WC Sec. 13304)
- 93-62: Policy for Regulation of Discharges of Municipal Solid Waste
- Super Order: Implementation of Resolution No. 93-62
- 93-100: Deadlines for Implementation of Federal Requirements for Municipal Solid Waste
- 88-63: Adoption of Policy Entitled "Sources of Drinking Water"
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Department of Toxic Substances Control
Want More Information?
Keep up-to-date on State Water Board activities. Subscribe to one or more email lists and receive announcements and updates by email.
Have a program-specific question? Ask the program. Contact information is available on the program's website (accessible through the Program tab).
If there are questions related to disposal of debris or animal carcasses from a disaster or emergency event, contact the Program Manager.