County-wide and Regional Funding Programs
The State Water Board has opened a County-wide and Regional Funding Solicitation for counties or eligible partner entities to receive funding to implement regional programs that address drought-related and/or contamination issues for state small water systems (state smalls) and domestic wells serving disadvantaged communities (DACs) and low-income households.
Counties or eligible partner entities that receive funding will be responsible for managing and implementing the program. The State will reimburse the counties or partner entities for eligible costs incurred related to the implementation and management of these programs.
Eligible project types include:
- Community outreach
- Domestic well testing
- Interim Solutions
- Bottled Water
- Tanks and hauled water
- Kiosk filling stations
- Point of Use/Point of Entry (POU/POE) installation and maintenance
- Long-Term Solutions
- Well repairs and/or replacements
- Limited-scale consolidation (such as laterals, above ground interties)
- POU/POE installation and maintenance, in some cases
May 26, 2022: County Drought Workshop (with DWR)
March 4, 2022: County Wide and Regional Funding Solutions Training
Applying for Funding for a County-wide and Regional Program
How to Apply
Applications are submitted using the Financial Assistance Application Submittal Tool (FAAST). The solicitation in FAAST consists of multiple tabs with text boxes, pull down menus, and multiple-choice selections. Applicants will also provide additional information by uploading documents on the Attachments tab.
Eligible applicants should follow the steps below to submit a proposal:
- Review the County-wide and Regional Funding Program Application and Funding Process Overview. This document provides a detailed overview of the funding available, how to apply, and the grant agreement process.
- Navigate to FAAST website
- Create user account (if this is the first time using FAAST)
- Log on by entering your username and password
- Click on Start a New Application
- Read and check boxes for the System Disclosures
- Select appropriate applicant organization
- Choose County-wide/Regional Funding Solicitation from the drop down
- Fill out the requested information on each tab
- Click on the Attachments tab and upload the attachments as appropriate. Please note completed attachments are not required for initial submission, however, they will be required before funding approval can be issued.
- Submit application
The following FAAST resources are available online: Frequently Asked Questions and User Manual.
If you need assistance with the FAAST tool, please contact the FAAST Help Desk between 8:00am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, at 1-866-434-1083 or FAAST_ADMIN@waterboards.ca.gov. All emails should include the subject line "County-wide/Regional Funding Solicitation" and the FAAST Proposal Identification Number (PIN) if known.
- County-wide and Regional Funding Program Application and Funding Process Overview
- Attachment 1: Background and Proposal
- Attachment 2: SAFER Budget Template
- Attachment 3: Templates and General Compliance Documentation
For general questions related to this solicitation or for assistance in developing an application, please contact us at:
Phone: (916) 319-9066
General Drought Resources
General Drought Contact Information
State Water Board Division of Financial Assistance - County-wide and Regional Funding Programs
General Drought Questions
State Water Board:
Department of Water Resources (DWR):