How to Get Involved
Get involved in the SAFER program’s decision-making process!
Top Five Ways to Participate in SAFER
- 1) Review the Needs Assessment and Fund Expenditure Plan and provide comments
We invite you to review and comment on the SAFER Needs Assessment, Fund Expenditure Plan, and other SAFER-related documents. The Fund Expenditure Plan is updated annually. We post these documents on the SAFER website as they become available. You can provide comments in writing (via email or traditional mail) or in-person (at Advisory Group meetings and Board meetings and workshops).
- 2) Attend SAFER Advisory Group Meetings and provide comments during the public comment session
Advisory Group meetings are open to the public. The Board encourages all interested parties to attend and participate in Advisory Group meetings. Members of the public will be provided an opportunity to comment on agenda items.
- 3) Apply to become a SAFER Advisory Member
The Advisory Group is a consultative body that advises the Board on the development of the Fund Expenditure Plan, and other key analyses and policies as needed.
- 4) Attend SAFER and State Water Board meetings, workshops, and webinars to learn about and provide input on SAFER activities
Any member of the public may address and ask questions of the Board relating to any matter within the State Water Board’s jurisdiction provided the matter is not on the agenda or pending before the State or Regional Water Boards.
Any member of the public may contact the Water Boards by phone, mail, or email regarding any concern related to the Water Boards’ work.
SAFER Phone: (916) 445-5615
SAFER Email: SAFER@waterboards.ca.gov
ATTN: SAFER Program
1001 I Street
Sacramento, CA 92814
- 5) Sign up for the SAFER email subscription list to stay up to date on SAFER activities and deadlines