Polluted Runoff (NPS) Information
Polluted runoff or Nonpoint Source (NPS) pollution is caused by rainfall or snowmelt moving over and through the ground picking up pollutants along its journey to lakes, rivers, wetlands, coastal waters, and even our underground sources of drinking water. Some of these pollutants are natural and others are man-made. With your help, we work toward reducing these pollutants in our waterways.
- Water BoardsNonpoint Source Implementation and Related Programs
- Urban Runoff: Nonpoint Source (NPS) Pollution from USEPA
- California Coastal Commission Statewide Nonpoint Source (NPS) Program Information
- Funding: Grants & Loans
- Protecting Water Quality from Urban Runoff - Provided by USEPA
- Water Pollution Prevention at Home (City of Davis)