Los Osos Creek, Warden Creek and Warden Lake Wetland Nutrient TMDL
Problem Statement - Los Osos Creek was identified in 1998 as impaired for nutrients and is included on the 2002 303(d) list. Warden Creek exhibits the most consistent violations of the numeric objective for nitrate protective of the MUN beneficial use. In 2002 dissolved oxygen 303(d) listings were added for Los Osos Creek and Warden Creek. Review of available water quality monitoring data (1993-2004) indicate that dissolved oxygen is periodically exceeding the numeric water quality standards at two of the four stations in Los Osos Creek and Warden Creek.
- March 1, 2005 - USEPA approves the Los Osos Creek, Warden Creek and Warden Lake Wetland Nutrient TMDL
- December 3, 2004 - Central Coast Water Board adopts the Los Osos Creek, Warden Creek and Warden Lake Wetland Nutrient TMDL
- Staff Report
- Attachment 1 - Resolution R3-2004-0165
- Attachment 2 - Project Report (technical report that provides the basis for the TMDL)
- Daniel Ellis
Status and Public Notices
- Status: fully approved and effective.
- Report Card - October 2014
- Public Notice: none at this time.
- Central Coast Water Board
- adopted December 3, 2004.
- US Environmental Protection Agency
- approved March 1, 2005, which is the effective date.