Wastewater Permitting

The Central Coast Water Board regulates waste discharges to protect surface water and groundwater using Waste Discharge Requirements permits (WDRs) and National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permits.


  Permit Application to Discharge Less than 100,000 GPD of Domestic Wastewater (Central Coast Region)

  • Permit Application
  • Application questions (for reference only, updated on 1/10/2022). It is strongly recommended to review the application questions ahead of time.
  • Instructions to apply
    • This permit application must be complete in one sitting (the application cannot be saved) and will take about 30-45 minutes to complete if you have reviewed the questions ahead of time. It is strongly recommended to review the application questions ahead of time.
    • Applicants must begin at the top of this form and complete every question for the form to be considered complete.

  Payments for WDR Application Fee

  1. Make a check, money order, or cashier check payable to the “State Water Resources Control Board.”
  2. Write “WDR App. Fee” on the check, money order, or cashier check.
  3. Attach a copy of the Form 200 or Notice of Intent (NOI) cover page. This will ensure the check is logged for the correct facility.
  4. Payments should be sent to:

Central Coast Regional Water Quality Control Board
Attention: WDR Program (include staff person, if known)
895 Aerovista Suite 101
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401

Note: Your application fee is also your first annual fee.


GeoTracker is the State Board and Regional Water Board’s Internet-accessible database system used to track regulatory compliance data. GeoTracker contains records for the following sites.

All information and records uploaded to GeoTracker are available to the public by accessing the Public GeoTracker Page. For dischargers required to submit Self-Monitoring Reports (SMRs), a login must be created through the GeoTracker Electronic Submittal of Information Page.

For questions pertaining to GeoTracker access and usage, dischargers can consult the State Water Board’s FAQ or contact the GeoTracker HelpDesk at geotracker@waterboards.ca.gov or (866)-480-1028.

Getting Started Links for Responsible Parties (Dischargers):

  Contact Us

Contact WDR staff:

Contact NPDES staff (discharge to surface water):