Consumer Confidence Reports (CCRs)

The preparation of CCRs is required by Health & Safety Code §116470 and California Code of Regulations, Title 22, Article 20. Health & Safety Code §116470(b) also requires public water systems with more than 10,000 service connections that detect contaminants above their public health goals (PHGs) to provide PHG exceedance reports every three years and to hold public hearings regarding their reports.

The 2023 CCR should cover water quality data from January 1, 2023 through December 31, 2023. The 2023 CCR must be completed and distributed to consumers by July 1, 2024. Certification that you completed your 2023 CCR and provided it to consumers must be submitted to the Division of Drinking Water (DDW) District Office (PDF) or Local Primacy Agency (LPA) that regulates your water system by October 1, 2024.

General CCR Preparation Documents

Listed below are documents that will be helpful to water systems in the preparation of the 2023 CCRs, consistent with state regulations.

Note: Because the Hexavalent Chromium MCL Regulation was withdrawn on September 11, 2017, water systems were not required to monitor for this contaminant in 2023. However, DDW recommends, but does not require, that any hexavalent chromium results collected by a water system in 2023 be reported in its 2023 CCR.

CCR Preparation Documents for Small Water Systems

The files listed below will assist small water systems in preparing their CCRs and completing the required notification to small water system customers and water users:

Electronic Delivery

Electronic delivery of the CCR is allowed. Guidance on delivery methods and examples are provided below.

Information for Customers

Readers interested in finding out more about the quality of their drinking water should refer to their water systems' annual CCRs.

Many CCRs for California water systems are also available on the US EPA's website.

Other Information

Contact Information

For questions regarding uploading and viewing CCR and CCR certification forms or other questions specific to your water system, please contact your DDW District Office / LPA. DDW District Office or LPA contact information is available at

For other questions, please contact