San Joaquin Valley Tulare Lake Subbasin
The State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board) released the probationary hearing notice and Draft Staff Report for the Tulare Lake Subbasin for public comment. The purpose of the Draft Staff Report is to inform the State Water Board as it considers whether to designate the Tulare Lake Subbasin as a probationary basin consistent with the requirements of the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA). The deadline for written comments on the probationary hearing draft staff report is 12:00 noon on Monday, December 11, 2023.
- Probationary Hearing Notice / Aviso
- Tulare Lake Fact Sheet / Hoja de Datos de Tulare Lake
- Draft Staff Report for the Tulare Lake Subbasin (English only)
- Draft Staff Report Appendix A - Summary Table of Proposed Deficiencies and Potential Actions to Address Deficiencies (English Only)
- Draft Staff Report Executive Summary / Resumen Ejecutivo del Borrador del Reporte del Personal
Public Workshops – November 2023
- Friday, November 3, 2023
Virtual public workshop on Zoom from 11:00 AM to 1:30 PM
Agenda | Agenda en Español | Video
- Wednesday, November 8, 2023
In-person public workshop in the City of Hanford, California from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM
Agenda | Agenda en Español
These public workshops are opportunities to learn more about the potential State Water Board actions and to provide public comment on the Draft Staff Report for the Tulare Lake Subbasin. No regulatory decisions will be made at these workshops. Both workshops will have the same content.
See the workshop flyer for more information:
- Tulare Lake SGMA Public Workshop Flyer
- Volante del taller público de SMGA para la cuenca de agua subterránea Tulare
Probationary Hearing – April 16, 2024
On Tuesday, April 16, 2024, the State Water Board will hold a public hearing to consider designating the Tulare Lake Subbasin as a probationary basin under SGMA.
Please see the Probationary Hearing Notice for more information on how to participate in these events.
Groundwater Sustainability Agencies
- South Fork Kings Groundwater Sustainability Agency
- Mid-Kings River Groundwater Sustainability Agency
- El Rico Groundwater Sustainability Agency
- Tri-County Water Authority
- Southwest Kings Groundwater Sustainability Agency