Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) Funding
- Most construction projects are expected to be funded consistent with the criteria in the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund Emerging Contaminants Intended Use Plan (Adopted October 3, 2022)
- Additional potential eligibilities for small, disadvantaged communities are outlined starting on page 33 of the Fund Expenditure Plan for the Safe and Affordable Drinking Water Plan (Adopted October 3, 2022)
- Revised Notice with Information Regarding New Approach for Board Consideration on Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) Funding (06/16/2022)
Staff Workshop – Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) Funding
The State Water Board will hold a staff workshop to provide an overview of the proposed implementation plan for PFAS Funding appropriated in the 2021/22 State Budget. This funding is available for technical and financial assistance to drinking water systems.
Wednesday, March 30, 2022 - 9:00 a.m. Remote Participation Only
- Public Notice of Staff Workshop regarding PFAS Funding
- Workshop Presentation - Budget Act of 2021 Allocation: PFAS Funding
Due to synergies between new federal allocations for Emerging Contaminants via the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) and the PFAS General Fund allocation, authorities to administer the PFAS General Fund allocation will be addressed in the DWSRF Intended Use Plan (IUP), rather than as part of a separate resolution. Additionally, the Fund Expenditure Plan (FEP) for the Safe and Affordable Drinking Water Fund (SADW Fund) will address funding from the PFAS General Fund allocation directed toward small, disadvantaged communities.
- Summer 2022: Release of FY 2022-23 DWSRF IUP and SADW Fund FEP for public comment
- Fall 2022: Board Consideration of FY 2022-23 DWSRF IUP and SADW Fund FEP for adoption
State Water Board Division of Financial Assistance
If you would like to stay informed about the above events, any future public meetings, and other new information regarding PFAS funding, please visit the State Water Board website to sign up for email updates.
Under the Financial Assistance category, check the box titled ‘Per-and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) Funding’.