Groundwater Program Banner

How to Become a Designated Contractor for Water Sampling

Application and Instructions

To become a designated contractor to conduct property owner requested water sampling, please do the following:

  1. Print and complete the Application to be Designated as a Third-Party Contractor for Property Owner Requested Water Sampling and Testing (Revised 9/13/19).
  2. Scan the completed and signed application, and convert to an electronic (pdf) document.
  3. Email the electronic document to:

Once we have received an electronic (PDF) copy of your or your company’s completed and signed application, your information will be placed on the List of Designated Contractors for Water Sampling.

If you have any questions, please contact Bill Patzelt at by email at: or by phone at: (916) 323-0874.