Phase I MS4 Permits
The Phase I MS4 Permits issued throughout the State are presented below by Regional Water Board.
Regional Water Boards
- Cities of Santa Rosa, Cloverdale, Cotati, Healdsburg, Rohnert Park, Sebastopol, Ukiah, and Windsor, Sonoma County Water Agency and County of Sonoma - Order No. R1-2015-0030
- Municipal Regional Stormwater NPDES Permit - Order No. R2-2015-0049
- City of Salinas Municipal Storm Water Discharges - Order No. R3-2012-0005
- Regional MS4 Permit – Order No. R4-2021-0105
- Region-wide MS4 Permit - Order No. R5-2016-0040
The below permits are older and once expired, enrollees will be required to enroll under the above Region-wide MS4 permit. The below permits are included for completeness until such time as they have expired.
- County of Kern and City of Bakersfield Discharges from Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System - Order No. 5-01-130
- County of Fresno, Fresno Metropolitan Flood Control District, California State University Fresno, and the Cities of Fresno and Clovis Discharges from Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System - Order No. 5-01-048
- City of Antioch, City of Brentwood, City of Oakley, Contra Costa County, and Contra Costa County Flood Control and Water Conservation District Storm Water Discharges from Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System - Order No. R5-2010-0102
- County of Sacramento and Cities of Citrus Heights, Elk Grove, Folsom, Galt, and Sacramento Stormwater Discharges From Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems Resolution - Approving Storm Water Quality Improvement Plan, Adopted on 15 October 2004 - Order No. R5-2008-0142
- Applicable General Permit
- City of South Lake Tahoe, El Dorado and Placer County - Order No. R6T-2017-0010
- Riverside County Flood Control and Water Conservation District, County of Riverside, Coachella Valley Water District, Incorporated Cities of Riverside within the Whitewater River Basin - Order No. R7-2013-0011
- San Bernardino County Transportation, County of San Bernardino and Incorporated Cities of San Bernardino County within the Santa Ana Region - Order No. R8-2010-0036
- County of Orange, Orange County Flood Control District and Incorporated Cities of Orange County within the Santa Ana Region - Order No. R8-2009-0030 as amended by R8-2010-0062
- Riverside County Flood Control and Water Conservation District, County of Riverside and Incorporated Cities of Riverside County within the Santa Ana Region - Order No. R8-2010-0033
- Region-wide MS4 Permit - Order No. R9-2013-0001 as amended by Orders R9-2015-0001 and R9-2015-0100
Subscribe to our Email Lists
- Subscribe to our "Storm Water Municipal Permitting Issues" list under the "Water Quality" section.
Storm Water Contacts
- State Water Resources Control Board
Storm Water Section
PO Box 1977
Sacramento, CA 95812-1977
- General Inquiries:
Toll Free: 1-(866)-563-3107
- State and Regional Board Contact Information
- Report a Non-Filer - Let us know if a business does not have a Storm Water Permit.
- Report a QSD/QSP (Construction General Permit Qualified SWPPP Developer/Qualified SWPPP Practitioner)