List of State Water Board Drought Actions
On May 10, 2021, Governor Newsom declared a drought emergency in 41 California counties. According to the proclamation, the State Water Board must maintain an ongoing list of activities and approvals for which provisions of the Water Code are suspended, and make this list available on its website. This will include a list of actions that involve the suspension of requirements under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). The CEQA process requires environmental review when State agencies take certain actions, and identifies potential impacts that a project may have as well as mitigation measures to reduce impacts. CEQA requirements are suspended in counties that are under a drought state of emergency.
The following is a list of activities or approvals the State Water Board has taken under which the applicable provisions have been suspended:
- Order Approving Temporary Urgency Change of Sonoma County Water Agency (12/10/2021)
- Order Approving Temporary Urgency Change of City of Santa Cruz (10/20/2021)
- Order Approving Temporary Urgency Change of Sonoma County Water Agency (06/14/2021)
- Order Conditionally Approving a Petition for Temporary Urgency Changes to License and Permit Terms and Conditions Requiring Compliance with Delta Water Quality Objectives in Response to Drought Conditions (06/01/2021)
- 401 Water Quality Certification for the 2021 Emergency Drought Salinity Barrier Project (05/28/2021)