Water Quality Certification Program
- On November 29, 2023, the State Water Board issued a Public Notice for the Lake Fordyce Dam Seepage Mitigation Project.
- On October 2, 2023, the State Water Board issued a Public Notice for the Ralston Afterbay Maintenance and Enhancement/Restoration Activities Project.
Application Form (under development)
This document is not yet available. Please use the Water Quality Application Form, or any of the Regional Water Quality Control Board application forms. Transmit the completed form with a cover letter requesting certification from the Division of Water Rights to:
- Eileen Sobeck, Executive Director
State Water Resource Control Board
P.O. Box 2000
Sacramento, CA 95812-2000
- Executed November 19, 2013
Pre-Application Coordination Activities between State Water Board and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Letter to California Hydropower Licensees – February 6, 2014
On February 6, 2014, FERC issued a letter offering assistance to California hydropower licensees during the 2014 drought. Additional information related to the State Water Board's drought activities can be found on the State Water Board's Drought Webpage.
- State Water Resources Control Board Letter to Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Regarding Drought Assistance for California Hydropower Projects - March 11, 2014
- Response Letter from FERC regarding 2014 California Drought Issues – March 25, 2014
- Letter from California Energy Commission to Electricity Generation Owners - March 27, 2014
Petitions for Reconsideration (Petitions)
- Petitions shall be submitted in writing to and received by the State Water Board within 30 days of any action or failure to act taken by the Executive Director. Petitions of water quality certifications and related environmental documents for projects handled by the Division of Water Rights (e.g., FERC hydropower projects, projects involving a diversion of water) should be submitted via email or hard copy, as follows:
- E-mail to: WR401program@waterboards.ca.gov
- Mail to: State Water Resources Control Board
Division of Water Rights – Water Quality Certification Program
Attention: Ann Marie Ore, Program Manager
1001 I Street Sacramento, CA 95812-2000
- Petitions shall meet the requirements outlined in California Code of Regulations, title 23, section 3867.
Subscribe to our Water Quality Certification email list to receive notifications and the latest updates. After subscribing, you will receive an email confirmating your subscription.