SWAMP - Federal Websites
- National Invasive Species Center - State Resource: California
- The Volunteer Monitor: Issue Theme Aquatic Invasive Species (1.14 MB file)
- The Federal Interagency Committee for the Management of Noxious and Exotic Weeds (FICMNEW)
Established through a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed by agency leadership in August 1994, FICMNEW represents an unprecedented formal partnership between 16 federal agencies with direct invasive plant management and regulatory responsibilities spanning across the United States and territories.
- The U.S. Government's Metasite for Invasive Species Information
- National Invasive Species Council
- The Aquatic Nuisance Species (ANS) Task Force
An intergovernmental organization dedicated to preventing and controlling aquatic nuisance species, and implementing the Non-indigenous Aquatic Nuisance Prevention and Control Act (NANPCA) of 1990. The various NANPCA mandates were expanded later with the passage of the National Invasive Species Act (NISA) in 1996. The Task Force consists of 10 Federal agency representatives and 12 Ex-officio members, and is co-chaired by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. The Task force coordinates governmental efforts dealing with ANS in the U.S. with those of the private sector and other North American interests via regional panels and issue specific committees and work groups.
- National Ocean and Atmospheric Administration – National Benthic Inventory
- NOAA National Sea Grant Program
- Aquatic Invasive Species - Non-Indigenous Species
- National Sea Grant Library (NSGL) - Aquatic Nuisance Species (ANS) Clearinghouse
An international library of research, public policy, and outreach education publications pertaining to invasive marine and fresh-water aquatic nuisance species in North America. It is the home of North America's most extensive library of publications related to the spread, biology, impacts and control of zebra mussels.
- Aquatic Invasive Species Eradication and Control
- Sea Grant Digital Libraries
- Aquatic Invaders – The Digest of the National Aquatic Nuisance Species (ANS) Clearinghouse
ISSN 1535-6868 or Delivered Electronically as a PDF File (formerly Dreissena! ISSN 1065-8408). A quarterly research and policy based digest which includes papers on aquatic nuisance and invasive species research, summaries of on-going research, state and national ANS policy initiatives, new ANS sightings, annotated citations, maps of North American range of the zebra mussel, and notices of upcoming ANS workshops and conferences. Submissions for inclusion in Aquatic Invaders are encouraged.
- Invasive Species Management: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service Invasive Species Program
A portal to Forest Service invasive species information and related management and research activities across the agency and with our many partners.
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
- Wetland and Aquatic Research Center: Nonindigenous Aquatic Species Database
We provide these links for information only. We do not control these sites nor accept any responsibility for the content or links contained on these sites.