GAMA - Resources
The following laws and regulations have been adopted to better protect our groundwater resources.
- AB 599 - Groundwater Quality Monitoring Act
- Proposition 50 - Water Security, Clean Drinking Water, Coastal and Beach Protection Act
- AB 1747 - Bond Law for IRWM
- AB 2222 - Public Accessibility to Information About Groundwater and Communities Reliant on Contaminated Groundwater
- SBX2 1 - Nitrate Pilot Projects in Tulare Lake Basin and Salinas Valley
- SB 1938 - Monitoring Components for Groundwater Management Plans
- SB 4: Oil and Gas: Well Stimulation
- Model Well Standards Ordinance- Adopted in Accordance with Water Code Section 13801 (1989)
The Groundwater Special Studies Unit has compiled technical information on some higher profile Chemicals of Concern (COCs) that may pose a threat to groundwater quality in the State. Groundwater Information Sheets for each COC have been prepared and are periodically updated to reflect current knowledge and technology.
Groundwater Information Sheets include the following information
- Chemical formula, aliases, and identification numbers
- Regulatory and water quality levels
- Summary information pertaining to detection in California’s groundwater
- Analytical test methods, regulatory testing requirements, and known analytical limitations
- Discussion of anthropogenic and natural sources
- Environmental fate and transport characteristics
- History of occurrence
- Remediation/treatment technologies
- Adverse health effects
- Key references
COCs Groundwater Information Sheets
U.S. EPA List of Priority Drinking Water Contaminants for Regulatory Consideration
Subscribe to our Groundwater Ambient Monitoring & Assessment Program (GAMA) email list to receive notifications and the latest updates. After subscribing, you will need to check your email host for a confirmation email to complete the subscription.
Subscribe to our other email lists. See the "Water Quality" section.
State Water Resources Control Board
Division of Water Quality
Groundwater Ambient Monitoring & Assessment Program (GAMA)
1001 I Street, 15th Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814
Telephone: (916) 341-5577
Fax: (916) 341-5463