GAMA - Fact Sheets
The State Water Board and USGS have prepared fact sheets to help the public and other agencies understand the activities associated with the GAMA Program.
- Groundwater Quality in the Shallow Aquifers
- Testing Your Private Domestic Well Fact Sheet - June 2016
- GAMA GIS - Data system integrates & geographically displays water quality data - March 2020
- Groundwater Fact Sheet - February 2014
- GAMA Program Fact Sheet - December 2017
- GAMA Deep Aquifer Assessment Fact Sheet by USGS - January 2006
- GAMA Shallow Aquifer Assessment Fact Sheet by USGS - February 2013
The Groundwater Special Studies Unit has compiled technical information on some higher profile Chemicals of Concern (COCs) that may pose a threat to groundwater quality in the State. Groundwater Information Sheets for each COC have been prepared and are periodically updated to reflect current knowledge and technology.
Groundwater Information Sheets include the following information
- Chemical formula, aliases, and identification numbers
- Regulatory and water quality levels
- Summary information pertaining to detection in California’s groundwater
- Analytical test methods, regulatory testing requirements, and known analytical limitations
- Discussion of anthropogenic and natural sources
- Environmental fate and transport characteristics
- History of occurrence
- Remediation/treatment technologies
- Adverse health effects
- Key references
COCs Groundwater Information Sheets
U.S. EPA List of Priority Drinking Water Contaminants for Regulatory Consideration
Subscribe to our Groundwater Ambient Monitoring & Assessment Program (GAMA) email list to receive notifications and the latest updates. After subscribing, you will need to check your email host for a confirmation email to complete the subscription.
Subscribe to our other email lists. See the "Water Quality" section.
State Water Resources Control Board
Division of Water Quality
Groundwater Ambient Monitoring & Assessment Program (GAMA)
1001 I Street, 15th Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814
Telephone: (916) 341-5577
Fax: (916) 341-5463